Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for the best American Shorthair breeders in the United States. American Shorthairs are becoming common in many homes in the United States.
It is easy to see why this is the case. American Shorthairs are great cats to have as pets. They are loving, caring, and independent.
These three make them ideal companions. With interest in American Shorthair increasing, more and more American Shorthair breeders in the United States are coming up. It is with this that we have opted to share this post.
1. Willow Blue Cattery & Kennel
First on this list of best American Shorthair breeders in the United States is Willow Blue Cattery & Kennel. Willow Blue Cattery & Kennel is a small home breeder of quality American Shorthair, Shih Tzu, and Bengals.
Willow Blue Cattery & Kennel has been breeding for over ten years now, and this gives them lots of experience in raising American Shorthair that conform to standards of the breed.
They have won several awards for their work like NE Regional Awards like 2018 Best American Shorthair Kitten, 2018 3rd Best Kitten of the Year, and 2019 15th Best Shorthair Cat.
Their American Shorthair kittens are hand raised. They sell their kittens with an altering agreement, written sales contract, and a written health guarantee with a genetic health guarantee, FeLV, and FIV negative.
Willow Blue Cattery & Kennel Details
- Name: Willow Blue Cattery & Kennel
- Location: Horton (Alabama)
- Website: Willow Blue Cattery & Kennel
- Facebook: Willow Blue Cattery & Kennel
- Breed: American Shorthair & Bengals
- Phone Number: (256) 585-7575
- Email: Ishiban@yahoo.com
- Contact Person: Archie and Pam Johns
2. Milla’s Kats Cattery
Milla’s Kats Cattery is a small cattery that breeds high-quality American Shorthair kittens from pedigreed TICA (The International Cat Association) and CFA (Cat Fanciers’ Association) registered sires. They currently specialize in Silver Tabby and Brown Tabby American Shorthair kittens.
Cat lovers that get American Shorthairs from Milla’s Kats Cattery receive a solid two-year health guarantee. Note their American Shorthairs are well socialized and are altered, microchipped, and vaccinated before leaving for their forever homes.
Milla’s Kats Cattery Details
- Name: Milla’s Kats Cattery
- Location: Riverside (Southern California)
- Website: Milla’s Kats Cattery
- Facebook: Milla’s Kats Cattery
- Breed: American Shorthair
- Lines: Grand Champion lines. Regional Winner lines
- Phone Number: (951) 237-5214
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Person: Milla Macias
3. Melody Garden Cattery
Established in 1991, Melody Garden Cattery boasts rare American Shorthair kittens. Melody Garden Cattery specializes in rare shaded and smokes American Shorthairs.
This includes the likes of shaded cameo (red), shaded tortie, and shaded silver. Once in a while, they do have classic silver tabbies.
Note the lines at Melody Garden Cattery have produced over 30 champions and 15 grand champions. Furthermore, Melody Garden Cattery aims to breed American Shorthairs that conform to the breed and maximize breed characteristics.
Melody Garden Cattery Details
- Name: Melody Garden Cattery
- Memberships: CFA American Shorthair Breed Council Secretary
- Location: Southern California
- Website: Melody Garden Cattery
- Facebook: Melody Garden Cattery
- Breed: American Shorthair
- Lines: Grand Champion lines, National Winner lines
- Phone Number: (805) 375-4270, (919) 389-9021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Person: Carol Johnson, DVM
4. Gun Smoke Cattery
Gun Smoke Cattery is a CFA cat breeder in the Atlanta area. They specialize in breeding American Shorthairs and Somalis to the CFA breed standards.
Gun Smoke Cattery strives to improve the quality of both Somalis and American Shorthair breeds. The Health and temperament of their kittens are necessary with this cattery.
Their cats and kittens are completely vaccinated (feline, FIP, Rabies, FVRCPC) and tested for harmful feline conditions like Feline Aid and Feline Leukemia (all tested negative). Before being placed in their forever homes, all kittens are altered, sprayed, and neutered.
Gun Smoke Cattery Details
- Name: Gun Smoke Cattery
- Memberships: Breed Council Secretary, CFA Somali Breed Council.
- Location: Atlanta Area (Georgia)
- Website: Gun Smoke Cattery
- Facebook: Gun Smoke Cattery
- Breed: American Shorthair & Somali
- Lines: Grand Champion lines. Regional and National Winner lines
- Phone Number: N/A
- Email: GunsmkeSom@aol.com
- Contact Person: Mac and Charlene Munro
5. Bacash Cattery
Bacash Cattery prides itself in being ringworm, parasite, and feline leukemia-free. Bacash Cattery has one goal, raise beautiful American Shorthairs that are healthy with quality temperaments and are well socialized.
They do this by producing a few litters per year (three to be exact). By having three litters, Bacash Cattery can cater to them adequately. They can easily socialize them and administer deworming, immunizations, and so on.
The American Shorthair kittens at Bacash Cattery are sold with an altering agreement and a written health guarantee with a genetic health guarantee. Bacash Cattery also tests all its cats for harmful feline conditions (all are negative).
Bacash Cattery specializes in American Shorthairs with the following colors silver-classic tabby and blue silver tabby. However, they do not have blue-silver-tabby as often as silver-classic.
Bacash Cattery Details
- Name: Bacash Cattery
- Location: Peoria (Illinois)
- Website: Bacash Cattery
- Facebook: N/A
- Breed: American Shorthairs
- Lines: Grand Champion lines, Regional Winner lines
- Phone Number:
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Person: Barbara Shelton
6. Silver Light Cattery
Confident, friendly, and outgoing kittens, this is what Silver Light Cattery promises cat lovers that get kittens from them. Silver Light Cattery specializes in two types of cat breed, (CFA and TICA) American Shorthair and (TICA) British Shorthair.
The American Shorthair you’ll find at Silver Light Cattery is a silver tabby with and without white. British Shorthair on-the-other-hand is golden ticked, shaded, chinchilla. Silver Light Cattery is one of the few catteries in the United States that photo train and garden train their kittens.
Matter health, Silver Light Cattery only allows kittens to leave their care after being altered, dewormed, and vaccinated. In addition, all their kittens are sold with a written sales contract and written health guarantees.
Silver Light Cattery Details
- Name: Silver Light Cattery
- Location: Kansas City (Kansas)
- Website: Silver Light Cattery
- Facebook: Silver Light Cattery
- Breed: American Shorthair, British Shorthair
- Lines: European Champion lines Regional and National Winner lines
- Phone Number: N/A
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Person: Jill Sullivan
7. SilverPaws Cattery
Last on the list of American Shorthair breeders in the United States is “SilverPaws Cattery.” SilverPaws Cattery is a premier CFA cattery specializing in breeding American Shorthairs.
SilverPaws Cattery prides itself as one of the few catteries in the United States that breed rare-colored American Shorthair. The colors available at this cattery include shaded cameo, shaded silver, silver ticked patch tabby, red tabby, silver tabby, and cream tabby.
They have a straightforward goal: to produce or breed American Shorthair kittens that are highly socialized, interactive, and healthy.
SilverPaws Cattery Details
- Name: SilverPaws Cattery
- Memberships: Member, National American Shorthair Club, CFA American Shorthair Breed Council
- Location: Kansas City, Clay (Missouri)
- Website: SilverPaws Cattery
- Facebook: SilverPaws Cattery
- Breed: American Shorthairs
- Phone Number: (816) 582-4861
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Person: Cindy Browning
Conclusion For The “Best American Shorthair Breeders in the United States”
We hope this list of American Shorthair breeders in the United States will help you introduce a companion into your home. If you have any questions with any of the American Shorthair breeders on this list, feel free to reach out to them.
For more guides similar to this list of American Shorthair breeders in the United States, you can check out:
Before you purchase an American Shorthair cat from a breeder in the United States, you can learn more about this breed by watching “American Shorthair 101 – This is What You Need to Know” down below: